Electronic Trading Systems - C# Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The candidate will join the front office development team working for the leading equities and solutions franchise in the APAC region. Role Summary
This position is a hands-on C# software developer role for the Electronic Trading Systems team based in Hong Kong with a focus on desktop client development. The team develops front-to-back electronic trading systems used by multiple equity business lines including warrants and listed options market making, delta 1 trading strategies as well as execution and inventory optimization. The features of our strategic front-end application are real-time data presentation and visualization of live data streams with deep user-level customization.
This position requires working with end users to improve and expand the platform. The candidate is expected to work on new features and performance optimization as well as enabling the system to be deployed to multiple new markets across the region.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values.
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate needs to have an in-depth understanding of developing desktop applications while being able to learn and apply new concepts to meet business requirements. Good communication skills are also important as the role involves interaction with front office users across multiple trading desks. Role Responsibilities
- Build positive relationships with business users by understanding the challenges that they face
- Design, develop, test and support software systems that meet business requirements
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to learn and apply the latest technology to deliver added business value
- Maintain a solid focus on quality
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to encouraging an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. Essential
- Proficient in C#, WinForms, WPF, the .NET base class library and runtime environment
- Proficient in multi-thread and asynchronous programming (TPL, Rx)
- Experience developing user interfaces that display live data
- Experience developing desktop applications
- Attention to detail and code quality
- An open mind and the ability to learn, guide and adapt quickly
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to convey ideas and concepts with clarity
- Fluent written and spoken English as the role involves interaction with front office users across multiple trading desks
- Understanding of application architecture and design
- Experience with C# and .NET on non-Windows platforms
- Understanding of user experience design (UX) and human factors concepts
- Outstanding relationship skills with a strong customer service oriented attitude
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.