Who we are looking for:
A driven self-starter with a genuine interest in research, analysis and an understanding of economic and political factors that impact financial markets, with a special emphasis on Asia-Pacific and Emerging Markets. Previous experience in markets is preferred as the role seeks to develop qualitative views and quantitative analysis in a cross-asset market framework and assist three full-time Macro Strategists in the Hong Kong office. Although cross-asset, the primary asset class that the role supports is Foreign Exchange. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of a broader global team of between 15-20 strategists based in Boston, London and Hong Kong. This is part of a larger global Research team that services both internal and external clients. The latter include some of the world's largest institutional investors. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Global Markets Research Intern,
What we value:
- Assist and contribute to the production of regular research reports
- Assist to develop proprietary indicators
- Apply extensive spreadsheet and database management
- Assist in the production of research material for client presentations
- Be able to assist full-time strategists in the regional Macro Strategy team
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in handling large quantities of data
- The ability to analyze and summarize data
- The ability to use quantitative software, including but not limited to a intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel
- A desire to write brief, but well structured, market overviews
- The ability to work as part of a global team of research interns
About State Street What we do.
- Economics and/or Finance background preferred (and at undergraduate level)
- Some understanding of Macroeconomics and/or Foreign Exchange markets
- Programming proficiency is a bonus, although not a pre-requisite
- Eligibility to work in Hong Kong; six-month commitment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers