The Global Transaction Services (GTS) at DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. has been continuously investing in embedding data, analytics, machine learning and AI capabilities in the way we manage operate our business in the digital era, a.k.a Data Driven Operating Model (DDOM).
As we continue this this journey, we are looking for a product owner role to lead a team that is responsible for maximizing the business value from data through data mining, statistical analysis, and leveraging descriptive and predictive modelling techniques. Key Responsibilities:
What you need (Requirements)
- Facilitating and driving our business / data analyst groups to brainstorm new ideas
- Understanding business needs and eliciting requirements from front facing staff & stakeholders across various business segments and product lines (Cash, Trade, Custody & Fund Admin and Digital)
- Translating business needs/requirements into meaningful descriptive and predictive analytics products including reusable data assets, rich data visualizations and machine learning models.
- Creating and maintaining a prioritized data/analytics product backlog
- Being accountable for successful end-to-end delivery of data/analytics products right from data sourcing, cleansing, feature engineering, model building & validation, live experimentation, and operationalization with feedback loop.
- Investigating/researching new concepts/technologies and their impact on the future of transaction banking.
- Setting the direction for the data/analytics team members, overseeing their progress, and training/guiding them towards team goals.
- Being responsible for tracking benefits realization and adoption on an ongoing basis.
What we seek (Soft Skills)
- PhD or Master's degree preferred in Computer Science or Mathematics with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in analytics/data Science.
- Hands on experience working on Big Data technologies like Spark, NoSQL databases, Python/PySpark programming and machine learning frameworks and libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, Spark MLlib)
- Hands-on end-to-end experience designing and building machine learning models and workflows including data sourcing, wrangling, transformation, feature engineering and modelling.
- Experience in two or more of the following: Classic Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Time Series Modeling, Operations Research, Reinforcement Learning and Recommendation Systems
- Ability to deliver high quality data visualizations to communicate/present insights from data in a human readable form using Qlikview or equivalent data visualization tools
- Basic knowledge on DevOps and development tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift, Git) and cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Understanding of wholesale banking products and banks' operational model
- Strong stakeholder management ability in wide ranging and senior stakeholders across functions(sales/products/segments)
- Fluency in English and Cantonese
- Curious & quick learner: you enjoy exploring and analyzing data, love discovering new trends, patterns and narratives and can learn new methods and technologies quickly.
- Problem solver: you have strong critical thinking skills - you ask why and are willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems and work smart & hard.
- High autonomy: self-organized, initiator, passionate with a can-do attitude and own end-to-end projects
- Communicative: you have the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with technical, not so technical teammates and business stakeholders