Lead, Enterprise Risk - Mox Bank
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience!
The Role Responsibilities
This role will act as second line of defense and be part of the risk team, and assist the Head of Enterprise Risk Management and Chief Risk Officer to ensure that risk management policy and framework have been effectively implemented for various principal risk types aligning with the risk appetite of the bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain a comprehensive risk management framework, policies and procedures from a holistic point of view
- Participate and provide support in relevant risk management projects and system development. Research enterprise risk management industry trends and developments
- Develop and maintain enterprise risk assessment (ERA) standard and rollout the ERA to cover all principal risk types of the bank
- Provide oversight on the effective implementation of the risk management framework and ongoing review of risk appetite statement, metric, thresholds by all risk framework owners
- Liaise with the risk framework owners to closely monitor the adherence to Risk Appetite and ensure adequate remediation plans are in place for breaches
- Assist the Head of ERM and CRO in suggesting methods to improve risk analysis and reporting to the Risk Committee, Executive Committee and Board
- Initiate and develop enhancement practices on overall risk management
- Maintains a risk inventory that includes PRTs and risk sub-types inherent to the strategy and business model; and emerging risks that include near term as well as longer term uncertainties
- Evaluate GRC system products and lead the implementation of enterprise risk framework into a GRC system.
- University Degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline
- Sound knowledge of risk management models, common practice and overall risk management system
- Excellent project management and attention to details
- Solid experience in controls, enterprise/operational risk, audit or other related areas
- Experiece at management level in financial institution/regulated industry
- Strong organizational and written communications skills, analytical mindset with problem solving, research and follow up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and good team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong delivery focus
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.