We are seeking a junior Quant Researcher/ Analyst to join the Market Risk team for one of our clients – a well-known International Hedge fund with a growing presence in Hong Kong and the region.
This alternative Asset Management house provides excellent training and support for junior staff members, empowering them to build a successful, long term career within the firm.
The successful candidate will bring a solid understanding of financial modelling in the context of risk assessment to help strengthen this already successful team's ability to deliver outstanding portfolio returns.
What’s in it for you?
- Proven to be an institution that cultivates a culture of learning and collaboration
- One of the world’s leading alternative investment managers
- Stable environment with long history of success
- Work with world class investment profiessionals, researchers and engineers
- Benefit from empowerment to share your own ideas
- Learn how to develop market responsive solutions to accelerate growth
Should you apply for this ?
Yes if you have
- A Masters or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, IEOR, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Prior experience in a quantitative role from buy side
- Strong modeling and programing skills (Excel VBA, Python, SQL) and database knowledge
- Proficient in Bloomberg and other commercial OMS/EMS/PMS and risk management systems
- Experience using statistical packages (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Understanding of the modeling of risk (linear and non Linear products)
- Strong understanding of international accounting rules and global market structure
- Familiarity with portfolio construction analytics and some exposure to quantitative portfolio management
No if you
- Are not ambitious
- lack confidence in your English skills
- Do not speak Chinese (cantonese and mandarin)
- Are intimidated by very intelligent people
- Do not thrive on challenging work
- Cant think quickly and analystically
What will you do?
- Work closely with traders to interpret valuations and develop next generation models
- Provide high level technical and investment analytics support
- Conduct research and statistical analyses
- Develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models and help translate algorithms into code
- Evaluate and work with new data sources and analytics packages in developing investment strategies
How to apply ?
Via E financial careers or send your CV to Hello@HKHR.Asia. There is no need for a cover letter.