Our client, one of the world's leading global multi strat hedge fund are now seeking a talented quantitative researcher (short term futures and FX) to work closely alongside a lead PM in their HK function.
- Work closely with the portfolio manager to research short-term futures and FX trading strategies.
- Use a disciplined scientific approach to develop unique insights into financial markets and datasets, and to build automated investment models
- Use mathematical tools to analyze and optimize monetization of forecasts, and to manage portfolio risk.
- Engineer robust new systems and improve efficiency of existing systems to be used in the team’s research and trading strategies.
Location: Ideally HK but Flexible.
- 2-7 years of relevant experience in quantitative research at a top buy or sell side institution, with a focus on short-term futures and FX strategies.
- Masters/PhD Masters Degree in a quantitative / finance / economics discipline
- Highly skilled in Python & C++ and other relevant coding languages.
- Experience with intraday trading strategies and / or tick data analysis is strongly preferred.
- Experience with transaction costs analysis and execution optimization in the context of shortterm trading strategies is strongly preferred.
- Good communication skills to collaborate both within and across teams
- Team Player
- Detail orientated
- Excellent written & communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast pace trading environment
- Passion for the hedge fund industry
This is a very unique and exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading hedge funds and dramatically increase your earning potential. Our client has one of the best performances and award structures globally, including strong sign on and guaranteed bonuses and is also well regarded for its strong training and collaborative team based culture.
To discuss this opportunity in full please get in touch or forward your resume to:
Elaine Bunyan - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: Due to the large number of applicants, only candidates that meet the relevant criteria will be contacted*
''You're the specialist in your sector; we're the specialists in recruitment''