Senior Customer Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a bright Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our global Customer Support Delivery Organisation, within SWIFT Operations, based in Hong Kong.
In this role you assist our customers around the world to solve their SWIFT operational challenges on a daily basis.
You must be technically minded and willing to acquire in depth understanding of the entire SWIFT product suite used by our customers: FinTech companies, Banks, and Corporates across the globe.
Sharing your knowledge and expertise with both customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job, that's why our ideal candidate is a team-player and has excellent communication skills.
We work with an Agile mindset where change is part of our daily life, so we expect you to adapt fast and be a promoter of continuous improvement in our services and products. You must also be able to think swiftly and analytically in case of crisis and incidents, inspiring confidence to our customers and peer- colleagues. What to expect
You will provide support to SWIFT product and services within the area of expertise of your team: the SWIFT Secured Network used for international transactions, SWIFT Messaging services, SWIFT Software suite, and the many services we offer to our community.
What will makes you successful
- Answer customers' queries interacting manly through web-cases
- Work with customers to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining end to end ownership of your cases
- As SWIFT supports a wealth of products and services we use Intelligent Swarming for employees to maintain end-to-end expertise.
- We operate in a KCS (Knowledge Centric Support) fashion: Sharing your solutions with customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job
- Build and maintain customer relationships and increase customer satisfaction by performing checks of their operational environment and giving recommendations for improvement
- Travel to customers to deliver professional services on a case-by-case basis
- Participate in service and products improvement projects and drive project deliverables on a case-by-case basis
- University degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent
- 4-8 years of experience in a similar position in the same area, of which 1 year within the SWIFT environment and with customer interaction and exposure
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Native Mandarin speakers highly preferred
- Excellent communication and client interaction skill
- Windows, Unix , Linux, AIX, Solaris, Rhel administration
- TCP/IP protocol and technical implementation (such as NAT, routing)
- SSO, RADIUS, LDAP integration with applications
- Oracle databases, MQ series and/or IBM WebSphere
- User or Administrator of SAP, SalesForce, ServiceNow
Java, XML and SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge with change management applications (e.g. JIRA, Ant, Hudson or Jenkins Tools)
- Development & versioning experience using tools such as Git, Subversion
- SWIFT software suite (SWIFTNet, Alliance portfolio and platform, SWIFT messaging solutions) knowledge will be an advantage
What we offer - click here
SWIFT - Make your impact - click here
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Robert van der Stelt - Head, Customer Support, Asia Pacific
Wendy Chan - Hiring manager
Crystal Lau - Team member