Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilties
- Participate in model development for non-retail / retail portfolios, ensuring model efficacy and compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with senior modelers, credit risk managers, data, innovation and IT team to identify gaps, define data remediation and innovative data sourcing strategy to prepare data to support modeling.
- Adopt advanced machine learning modeling techniques, e.g. unsupervised machine learning via python programming language.
- Ensure execution excellence by having a keen eye on details and by closely monitoring the project progress and quality delivery.
- Proactively engage the model stakeholders in an effective manner for the purpose of model development project and deployment.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Statistics, Finance, and Economics is preferred
- Experience in supporting analytics in the development / monitoring / implementation of risk models including scorecards and/or Basel 2 models retail and non-retail portfolios. Experience in risk models for corporate and private banking portfolio also will be an added advantage
- Experience of end to end use of models from risk management through to capital calculation is advantageous
- Experience in credit risk management is advantageous.
- Understanding of statistical / econometric / modelling theory and technical application in credit risk
- Good understanding of the Basel II Accord, MAS and HKMA Supervisory Requirements
- Good knowledge on credit and business products.
- Good Communication and writing skills
- A Good Team Player
- Working knowledge of SAS and Excel is essential. Knowledge in R and Python will be an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.