Citi Research & Global Insights delivers industry-leading investment analysis to Citi's global institutional investor and wealth management client base. Our team includes some 350 publishing analysts globally, with fundamental coverage of ~3,500 equity securities, as well as areas such as quantitative analysis, economics, fixed-income/rates/credit, FX, commodities, and data analytics. We also deliver access services such as conferences & events, corporate access & visits, and direct insights from market, policy, and industry experts.
Citi Research is seeking an Asia-based Supervisory Analyst (SA) / Editor
to join our Global Research Publications Team. The SA/editor is a seasoned professional role combining responsibilities in editorial, risk management, and operational processes to support and review our global research product (which is mostly written notes & reports, but also includes audio/video and data products). The role requires good editorial skills and financial/investment understanding in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Key Responsibilities:
Additional Job Details:
- Review investment research product to ensure compliance with US FINRA regulations, including reasonable basis, sourcing, and language requirements.
- Review investment research product to ensure compliance with Citi's internal research content guidelines, as detailed in our extensive research guidebooks and policies.
- Edit investment research for quality, clarity, commerciality, style, and grammar.
- Review investment research language/tone and content for franchise risk, with consideration of the firm's reputation and business exposures, and in light of political and client sensitivities. Be capable of editing to mitigate such risks (while maintaining our independent views), and determining when escalation is necessary.
- Handle the checking of investment research product for 1) issuer mentions for cross-checking against our Watch List; 2) the inclusion of appropriate disclaimers & disclosures; 3) data consistency; and 4) distribution tagging and other product & template elements.
- Act as an editorial project manager, providing end-to-end traffic management of work-in-progress, liaising as needed with analyst teams, other Publications staff, product managers, control & compliance teams, data and technical support teams, training team, and other relevant partners, to resolve problems and ensure product ultimately publishes to our global client base.
- Broadly as a Citi staffer, assess risk appropriately when business decisions are made, work in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Location: Our preference is for a Hong Kong based candidate who will join our existing Asia-Pac hub in HK. We would secondarily consider Singapore-based candidates to be based in our Research office there.
- Work shifts & arrangements: Exact shift timing may vary, but will most likely align with a standard East Asia work day. Citi Research default operates on a hybrid weekly work approach of 3 days in office and 2 day optionally remote-work.
Education: Job Family Group:
- Holding a FINRA Series-16 license is a major advantage. We will also consider candidates without Series-16 and would sponsor them to sit the exam, including providing study materials. Quick study prep time and then successfully passing this challenging exam is a requirement for the role.
- Possessing additional FINRA licenses (e.g. Series-4, Series-53) would be an added plus, but is not required.
- Candidate must have at least five years of experience creating, supporting, or editing investment/financial analytic content. Candidate should be a 100% fluent English writer with strong evidence of editorial and writing creativity. Typical backgrounds would include existing licensed SAs, finance/investment/business research editors, finance/investment/business media journalists & editors, equity research analysts/associates, or financial legal/compliance/operations staff with relevant editorial experience. We expect candidates to have broad familiarity with financial markets, financial terminology, and business news (globally, not just Asia).
- Ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Key aspects of the role involve being able to remember and apply many guidelines and procedures on a consistent and reliable basis.
- Team members should have comfort working with sometimes complex publishing software platforms and ability to coordinate with partner teams when trouble-shooting.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, and the patience and diplomacy to work with demanding internal customers and effectively find win-win solutions.
Research Job Family:
Research Product Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting