The Research Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- The Vice President-level Analyst will have primary responsibility of a group of stocks in the sectors described above
- Responsibilities include: building financial models, writing research reports, conducting macroeconomic analysis on the global energy industry, communicating our team's ideas to institutional investors, conducting due diligence and working with Citi's product team to identify trends in the space.
- Self-starter; used to working in a team environment and who has the ambition to progress his/her career within equity research
- Conduct analysis
- Make Investment Recommendations
- Interact with Institutional Clients
- Arrange company visits and regular management contact for investing clients and due diligence purposes
- Attend industry conferences and speak to industry contacts
- Track company events and earnings
- Develop financial models and valuation techniques
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Distill research into an investable thesis and write report/note
- Market ideas to internal constituents and clients via phone calls and client marketing trips
- Help facilitate direct corporate access for investors
- Provide independent (regulatory controlled)
- Secure and maintain applicable licenses.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Research Job Family:
Research Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting