Description About this role
The Financial Markets Advisory business delivers a range of advisory services including sustainability, capital markets, portfolio construction and data & analytics solutions to official sector and financial institution clients globally, including banks and insurance companies. We support our clients on their most critical and complex financial issues - from managing the low carbon transition of the economy and financial sector, to unwinding portfolios of assets, to crafting and executing bond purchase programs to support the economy.
We leverage the firm's sophisticated sustainability, capital markets, data & analytics and technology capabilities, to deliver impact-oriented advisory services, while maintaining an information barrier from the rest of the firm.
Since our founding, we have completed assignments for more than 280 clients in 37 countries. Our professionals work out of all three BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing us to serve clients in all locations and respond to their needs as they arise.
We are looking to recruit an Associate level professional to join the team in Budapest. As first assignment, the candidate is expected to engage in a project to support the wind-down of a financial institution's assets & liabilities portfolio with the goal of creating a substantially outsourced operating model.
In this role you will partner with:
- Externally: you will engage with financial institutions, regulators, central banks and governments, providing advisory services to institutions in both the public and private sector
- Internally: you will leverage BlackRock's unparalleled capabilities across Risk Management, Capital Markets, Aladdin, and Research functions
- Play a hands-on role in client project execution by creating content, performing quantitative analysis, and providing solutions-based advice for our clients
- Participate in client meetings, presentations and demonstrate ability to synthesize complex markets and analytics topics to internal and external audiences
- Support market and liquidity risk management and reporting activities.
- Performing analytics, reporting, and supporting trading activity on liability hedging and interest rate and FX derivative book management
- Be part of large, multi-disciplinary project teams, supporting the outsourcing of wind-down and risk management activities of a bad bank, incorporating teams of subject matter experts, data and analytical experts, researchers, and generalists
- Create and maintain Python/VBA scripts for financial data migration
- Reconcile theoretical prices between different pricing libraries
- Configure and test market risk reports
- Calibrate volatility surfaces
- Enforce BlackRock's fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service and work product to our clients
Key skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in banking, lending, risk management, financial services or other relevant fields, with a track record of outstanding achievements
- Solid understanding of complex financial product with specific focus on interest rate derivatives, FX and cross currency derivatives, CVA calculation
- Experience with market and liquidity risk management analytics as well as trading book related activities
- Self-determined drive to deliver superior performance for our clients
- Excellent problem-solving/ analytical skills and learning agility/ ability to learn new content quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex ideas into clear messages
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Genuine passion for the financial sector, especially with a focus on risk management and capital markets (particularly wind-down agencies)
- Fluency in at least one of the languages: Python, VBA, SQL
- Advanced command of German desirable, English required
- Ability to work in Budapest and potentially travel to Germany
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.