We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Risk and Performance Management Department
We work collaboratively across teams to help guard against blind spots and ensure that all relevant risks are considered and duly addressed. Enterprise Risk & Performance
You will provide an independent and objective view of investment risk and performance drivers of the GIC Portfolio. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that is responsible for the independent assessment, measurement, monitoring, and reporting of GIC's market, credit, and operational risk profiles. What will you do as a Total Portfolio Risk Manager?
Building and developing Strategic Risk Management capabilities, including enhancing the risk management framework and strengthening risk governance policies. Specific areas of focus include: Asset and FX rebalancing, liquidity and balance sheet management, and trading.
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Develop and enhance processes, additional risk measures as tools for portfolio construction and risk management, and explore research-centric risk analytics useful for above portfolio functions
- Monitor and assess individual investment mandates, enhance existing performance attributions methodologies, and develop relevant framework and metrics to provide insights on performance drivers
- Conduct scenario analysis and stress tests for select portfolios to assess systematic risk drivers and risk concentrations on standalone basis, as well as to total portfolio
- Provide risk advisory, as key business partner to stakeholders including timely and regular updates to senior management, committees, etc.
Work at the Point of Impact
- Graduate Degree in an analytical, financial and/or technical field such as Economics, Finance, Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a quantitative or analytical role. Buy-side exposure will be an advantage.
- Quick to grasp process and workflow structures, and distill key issues. Demonstrate clear thinking on complex issues.
- Proficiency in a statistical computing environment such as R or Python is helpful.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal). Exhibit the ability to explain analytical or quantitative concepts in simple, practical and high impact manner.
- Proactive individual, with high level of self-motivation, highly organized, and able to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Critical to have the ability to sell important ideas and influence outcomes
- Keen attention to detail, strong work ethic, and effective team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ethical compass, demonstrable integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing.
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. GIC is a Great Place to Work
At GIC, we believe sustainable high performance is driven by high expectations and a commitment to excellence, as well as empowerment and flexibility. As such, we currently operate under a hybrid model in which most employees spend 3-4 days in office and 1-2 days working from home each week. This balance allows us to preserve the 'office as a hub' for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection, while giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work and be their best selves. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability. Learn More
Learn more about our Risk & Performance Management Department here: https://gic.careers/group/risk-performance-management/