Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our sector-focused Banking relationship managers provide a single coverage point for multi-national clients. With our global capabilities and footprint, vast expertise and local knowledge, our Banking teams connect clients to the products and services that meet their global financial needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate, Advisory Product Specialist - Global Banking and Markets. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage day to day process coordination on live transactions including speaking directly with clients
- Review junior bankers work and guide them through necessities of deliverables
- Work closely with senior bankers and experts from other groups of the bank
- Conduct sophisticated financial analysis and relevant industry research
- Development of various types of financial models in relation to debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions
- Perform various valuation methods: comparable companies, precedents, and DCF
- Develop recommendations materials for strategic options to clients (merge, acquire, divest, spin-off, go public, seek strategic investor, etc.)
- Understanding regional takeover codes and prepare materials on considerations for clients
- Conduct preparation and review of materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations and pitch books
- Perform due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation on live transactions
- Create presentations for client pitches and their internal board meetings on transactions they are contemplating
- Affinity for current events, critical issues, and relevant news
- At least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience in an investment bank, private equity / investment fund, or an advisory role within the Big 4 accounting / consulting firm
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong financial analysis and MS Excel modelling skills with great attention to details
- Familiarity with MS PowerPoint and efficient presentation preparation skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Appropriate language capabilities and the ability to obtain appropriate visa status or citizenship for the assignment location
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role, please contact the recruiter for this role.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.