Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Job Purpose
- Design & manage MIS & data analytics to manage portfolio quality through the credit cycle.
- Cultivate & maintain a consistent consumer credit culture in the Bank to ensure compliance with internal controls and regulatory standards.
- Manage portfolio quality and credit risk through use in-depth portfolio analysis of consumer lending products to assess risk & opportunities and validate and refine various credit policies/processes through use of analytics.
- Support new business initiatives through use of data analytics to develop and propose credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize growth and profitability within risk appetite.
- Keep abreast on latest technology changes such as data analytics that can be applied to credit risk management.
- Collaborate widely with other stakeholders in the Bank in key digital initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with the Credit Policy team to:
- Support new Business initiatives & proposals for incorporation into product programs
- Engage Business partners in regular asset quality reviews with provision of analytics insights to identify risks/ opportunities and recommend relevant actions
- Support review of credit policies and program risk acceptance criteria regularly, with analytical insights of portfolio trends & performance
- Drive portfolio management initiatives through the credit cycle management framework by jointly working in partnership with product managers, credit approval team, credit operations team and collection team
- Monitor key portfolio performance trends to ensure strong portfolio credit quality with a good balance of risk and reward to optimize Business opportunities and in line with business strategy and risk appetite
- Assist in establishing key portfolio performance measurements to monitor portfolio performance, test programs evaluations; and uncover insights and areas for improvements
- Support scorecard monitoring and analysis; involve in the scorecard development as well as validation of the score cut-off
- Participate in digital initiatives and drive continuous improvements in analytics capabilities using both traditional and non-traditional data as well as enhancements in the use of risk analytics tools
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements and digitization of credit processes
- Support platform conversion initiative; involve in code translation from SAS to Python
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 - 5 years of exposure in consumer credit & lending, preferably covering both secured and unsecured lending with strong data analytics skill and ability.
- Proficiency in Programming skills (SAS, SQL, Python, R etc.) as well as MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience in dashboarding tools like Tableau or Qlikview preferred.
- Possess strong analytical skills, highly numerate with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to synergise, prioritise and drive results with a sense of urgency.
- Good grasp of credit fundamentals in consumer lending.
- Able to analyse risk-reward dynamics of consumer products with use of data-driven analytics.
- Good understanding of the mechanics and usage of statistical models/ scorecards for consumer products.
- Able to engage cross-functional team to work on tasks.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.