At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
The role will work in a team to support the production of of DDQ's, RFP's, RFI's for Wholesale & Institutional opportunities in the Asia Pacific region. The incumbent will be expected to cover all asset classes and work closely with the Global RFP team based in the UK to support the Asian Distribution team.
The Global RFP team has historically been based entirely in the UK and the firm is now moving to a regional model and therefore start to build up local presence in our key markets. This hire in Singaore is the first step on this journey. It is expected that this role will spend the majority of his/her time supporting the Asian distribution teams on DDQ's, RFP's, RFI's but on occasions may be required to assist in tailoring presentation decks and pitchbooks that suit Asian audience. Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Production of standard and complex RFPs, RFIs, Consultant Questionnaires, Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and ad hoc requests independently, with a good understanding of Asian client/prospect requirements within stipulated deadline
- Ability to create compelling and accurate responses by customising standard responses and adding value by tailoring answers specific to the opportunity
- Adapt standard global presentation decks and pitchbooks that is suitable for Asian audience
- Able to work on multiple deadlines concurrently, while focuses on quality of delivery to achieve clear outputs, within guidelines and precedent, to customers and stakeholders
- Runs the organisation's processes and systems following pre-defined procedures
- Takes on responsibility for the active development of RFP origination - assisting stakeholders in assessing the suitability of M&G investment capabilities for certain mandates
- Develop relationships with APAC Distribution Team Heads, understanding their focus areas for the year ahead and look to tender for specific RFPs to maximise distribution efforts
- Keen to further develop knowledge of funds, investment more widely and the markets in which our managers invest
- Motivated to learn about the needs of our clients - be they internal M&G stakeholders or the investors in our funds"
- Stays abreast of industry best practices and due diligence/RFP trends.
- Graduate with minimum 8 years' experience in finance services, preferably in an RFP role within the asset management industry
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to write for multiple audiences
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to manage and control multiple priorities and competing deadlines, taking an enabling approach to produce high quality work under pressure
- Be a team player with ability to work with colleagues from different functions and business units, and in a culturally diverse environment
- Proactive self-starter that demonstrates a high level of energy and dynamism; can-do, positive attitude with enthusiasm for pursuing challenges and objectives
- Knowledge of RFP Q&A databases preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.