The Role / Responsibilities: The Associate Managing Director (AMD)
will lead a team of Asia based analysts who assign ratings and produce research on ASEAN and South Asian financial institutions, including banks and non-bank financial institutions.
This is an exciting and high-profile position that requires both knowledge of the region's evolving credit markets and an ability to correctly apply Financial Institution Group rating methodologies. The AMD is responsible for ensuring the team delivers timely and accurate ratings, research and investor outreach at franchise-building levels. Robust interpersonal skills are imperative.
This is a highly visible role in a dynamic and fast-growing market that requires an individual who is decisive, pragmatic, strategic and able to garner extensive internal and external credibility.
The responsibilities against which the success of the AMD will be measured include:
- Ensuring the team maintains accurate and timely ratings, with clearly articulated rating drivers, while applying relevant policies, procedures and standard methodologies
- Delivering outstanding service through consistent interaction with issuers at senior levels, including annual review meetings, meetings and ad hoc meetings
- Reviewing and assisting in the production of research to ensure the team delivers timely and research
- Active participation in outreach such as investor briefings, teleconferences and third-party speaking engagements, to ensure Moody's views are communicated to the market on a regular and timely basis
- Actively engage in the roll out of our Environment Social and Governance (ESG) analysis and consider ESG, cyber and digitalization throughout the analysis
- Managing workloads and balancing service to issuers while maintaining a work-life balance for the team
- Mentoring, guiding and developing career progression plans with the analysts
- Undertake and coordinate ad hoc projects to advance the franchise and support global and regional management priorities
- Implement policies & procedures and drive process improvements in cooperation with their manager(s)
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives and ensure appropriate team attendance to and engagement in related events/discussions
- Demonstrate/model our Success Factors and positively influence the team
- Extensive experience in credit analysis, portfolio management and management/mentoring
- Ability to think strategically and implement strategies within a team and across the franchise
- Ability to re-think and improve processes and products
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences
- Experience leading all aspects of the production of research and outreach
- Ability to establish professional relationships at all levels and represent Moody's brand effectively
Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.