Overall Job Purpose:
Partner with specific client stakeholders within OCBC to understand their business challenges & use your data expertise to proactively identify areas where Customer Analytics techniques can create value.
Prioritise dashboarding workload by business value to optimise the capacity of the team.
Represent GCAD in cross functional agile squads
Support strategic build projects to continuously enhance the capability of OCBC's analytical processes and big data platforms Roles & Responsibilities: Generate Actionable Customer Insight To Improve Key Business Outcomes
Support the deployment of world-class marketing analytics capabilities and practices to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency of the OCBC Consumer Banking division. This includes:
Qualifications Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Competencies): General Knowledge & Experience:
- Apply data and advanced analytics to drive relevance of the marketing opportunities presented to customers & front-line channels
- Conducting data discovery and other data exploration activities to identify emerging trends and business opportunities to grow the business
- Gather requirements from the business for the development of BI reports and dashboards
- Regular interaction with product and segment managers to understand their business objectives. Proactive recommendation on how you think analytics could help them achieve their goals.
- Work with Data Engineering team to define the key pipelines of data required to support Business
Programming & Data:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Understanding of banking, insurance or financial services preferred
Communication & Soft Skills:
- Has prior experience of BI reporting tools (Power BI / Qlikview)
- Exposure to database, analytical marketing or campaign management functions.
- Ability to analyse, identify, visualize and describe key trends within large datasets
- Ideally has prior exposure to analytical software tools of leading analytical software tools (such as SAS / Python); leading database environments (Oracle / Teradata / Cloudera Hadoop / SQL); Campaign Management (Unica / SAS /Adobe) and/or contact management platforms (Siebel / Pega).
- Curiosity & a real passion for understanding "why?"
- Creativity to see possibilities within the data & translate into compelling stories, decisions and actions for non-technical business users.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence the business to take action from the data.