Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Coverage Director CFIBC
. Principal Accountabilities
- Part of the CFIBC Regional Coverage team based out of Singapore
- Focus on building strategic dialogue with key owner/c-suite clients across all sectors and countries across South Asia
- Primarily drive client coverage/origination/execution role with revenue generation expectations
- Will need to maintain flexibility between origination and execution roles depending on the needs of the specific client/situation
- Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders across GB, CMB, Country, Sector and Product teams
- Lead junior bankers by demonstrating strong team work and guide/mentor them on core corporate finance skills and execution aspects
- Will involve significant travel out of Singapore
Requirements Skills Required
- Strong familiarity and relevant IB experience in South East Asian markets with at least 12-15 years of direct IB/Corporate Finance experience
- Strong existing C-Suite (Chairman, CEOs, CFOs) relationships/connectivity across sectors
- Strong track record of executing investment banking transactions across the products spectrum of debt financing, high yield, equity fund raisings and advisory
- Ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders across GB, CMB, Country, Sector and Product teams
- Strong familiarity with corporate finance topics including take-privates, spin-offs, carve-outs, private capital raise and strategic M&A / ECM transactions
- Ability to lead junior bankers, demonstrate strong teamwork and motivate juniors
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in the preferred location will be required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.