S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
S&P Global Commodity Insights are recruiting a number of exciting positions in petrochemicals. These roles are an opportunity to develop and grow a market research and consulting business, having direct impact on the bottom line as well as shaping the strategic growth of the future. We are seeking experts across the petrochemicals value chain with deep expertise in one or more of the following; Olefins, Aromatics, Chlor-alkali, Methanol, C4s, Fibers, Polymers.
The successful candidate will become the 'face' of S&P Global Commodity Insights business in one or more petrochemical value chains. This integral position within the Chemicals business unit will develop and manage insights and forecasting products, have deep market and subject matter expertise to build long-term value for clients. The successful candidate will have commercial and/or corporate planning experience, will have excellent communication skills and bring with them a network of industry contacts. The candidate may already have spent time in market research and consulting roles as a specialist. Entrepreneurial with the gravitas to represent the organization across the C suite. World class presentation skills with the expectation the candidate will represent the company as a key note speaker at industry events. Responsibilities: Become the recognized expert/"face of S&P" in your assigned areas of responsibility: C4s & Elastomers - APAC
Project Orion - restoration of base chems capabilities:
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the state of the market
- Industry dimensions: size of market, regional growth rates, trade patterns
- Keep abreast of price movements, underlying feedstock price movements, new capacity announcements and other industry news (Platts reports, MAS reports (if still available) and other industry commentaries)
- Maintain knowledge of key players in each region. Market structure - main net buyers/sellers
- Understand process technologies and production economics
- Build relationship/partner with the Platts price reporters. Understand Platts Petrochemical Analytics offering and provide support where necessary.
- Understand interfaces and dependencies on other parts of the company and collaborate where required eg feedstocks interface with Fuels team.
- Develop and maintain own/S&P industry view
- Short- and long-term supply-demand, price and margin outlooks.
- Maintain a "state of the industry" presentation for use by yourself and other colleagues (Start with WPC 2022 presentations)
- Thought leadership
- Develop client relationships.
- Develop and maintain a list of key market contacts
- Proactively visit for BD; share our industry outlook.
- Respond to client queries
- Support Expert Calls
- Speak at WPC 2023 and other industry conferences
- Support build of historical and forecast capacity data; supply-demand balances; prices and margins
- Input to design/structure of database
- Support analysts. Where necessary, "get hands dirty in the data"
- Assist design and inform forecasting process, providing expert review and quality control/sign off on forecasts
- "Own" your part of the database.
- Update select CEH reports as we transition to our own dataset.
- Provide input/commentary on new products and services
- Work with product management and assist in defining the new commercial model for chemicals IP
- Assist with Voice of Customer (VOC) interviews and general client feedback
- Support new business development. Forward leads: assist account managers to understand client needs and formulate value propositions
Qualifications: Education Required:
- Support consulting projects as the expert in your product or value chain
- Assimilate data researched by Consulting into the Chemicals database
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Polymer Science or suitable numerate discipline
MBA an advantage Work Experience Required:
15+ years of career experience in a chemical operating company and/or market research and consulting
Significant experience in market intelligence, strategic planning, production planning, writing of detailed market or technical reports, leadership experience an advantage
Career tenure spanning multiple roles Skills Required:
Strong technical understanding of manufacturing from an operational, and market perspective
Strong data and analysis skills, with keen attention to detail
Hands-on experience with petrochemical processes, modeling, petrochemical feedstocks, derivatives and end use markets
Strong knowledge of manufacturing/marketing economics and capital investment economics
Strong client interaction skills while exhibiting a high degree of customer empathy
Demonstrated track record of team collaboration and achieving results
English Language. Other language skills an advantage Other
Candidate must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
R30939 Posted On: