At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This position within Front Office Risk Management is responsible to further enhance and strengthen the Private Banking control framework. This is to ensure that the Bank is compliant with Private Banking Controls and Regulations, and at the same time achieve continuous improvement around business risk processes.
This role reports to the Head of Front Office Risk Management, which is part of the Global Front Line Risk and Control ("FLRC") unit, with an objective to consolidate and drive the risk and control function for the 1 st line of defence.
In this role, your main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Perform regular control & monitoring checks for topics such as pricing, cross border compliance, client onboarding, periodic reviews, transactional reviews, gift and entertainment controls & other topics as identified by Head of Front Office Risk Management to ensure that Front Office conducts activities as per internal policies and procedures
- Documentation and reviews of the relevant processes for the topics identified for the control checks performed to ensure proper audit trail
- Timely follow-up on any identified deficiencies to minimize potential non-compliance and escalation to management as required
- Analyse and identify any potential gaps in existing operational procedures
- Maintain working partner relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience, with practical experience in performing control checks in a Private Bank environment will be advantageous
- Candidates with prior audit experience (internal and external audit), product control experience and financial accounting experience are also preferred
- Strong analytical and good knowledge of risk, regulatory, control and process design
- Understand business flow and processes and be able to investigate and analyze issues with an attention to details
- Willingness to learn and embrace challenges and changes
- Able to rapidly assimilate and multi-task
- Able to work independently and guide/lead the junior members of the team
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills (both oral and written). Must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with cross functional stakeholders
- Experience managing and working confidently and collaboratively across functional teams
- Good understanding of project management methodologies; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and coordinate various streams within a project and manage cross-functional project teams to deliver on time and within budget; ability to identify and drive issues to a quick resolution while balancing the needs of the business, the customer and the team; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent streams through prioritization.