From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
GIR Engineers leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. GIR Engineers enable Goldman Sachs's research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose.
As a GIR Software Engineer, you will be developing the firm's distribution platform for Research data. This platform provides our clients with access to over 3bn data points through streaming data services, state-of-the-art database technologies and web-scale, industry-standard APIs. You will be working in a growing, global team based in Singapore, London, Bengaluru, New York and Dallas, and will be engaged in all stages of software development from requirements gathering through to development and deployment.
We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We work on a diverse set of open source cutting edge technology platforms
- We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face
- We are one of the first business units to move our infrastructure and services to the public cloud and continuing on maturing our framework to build cloud native resilient apps
- Our team currently use multiple open source products like Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Flink etc. along with mix for AWS services like DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda to deliver highly resilient and scalable platform for our clients globally
- Engage with other Engineering teams in providing integration solutions
- Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes
- A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java
- Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing software changes and providing support
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Passionate about technology
- Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with large scale CMS or Content Engines
- Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
- Experience in building out event based architecture
- Agile methodologies
- Experience working in a global team