Do meaningful work with us. Every day.
At Amplify Health, we're looking for individuals with ambition, resilience and passion for healthcare, insurance, wellness and digital technology. As a fast-growing business with the ambition of making people and communities across Asia healthier, we have exciting career opportunities available to help us achieve our vision.
The role will primarily own and lead the development, implementation and monitoring of data science projects and work with cross functional teams across data analytics, actuarial analytics, clinical (coders and doctors), and data engineers in an international team to deliver the projects on time. Effective communication between a range of stakeholders is vital to ensure delivery.
The ideal person has a passion for data and deep understanding of the life journey of data science projects and data products. Core responsibilities include:
What skills do you need? Behavioural skills
- Connecting with a multitude of local and international stakeholders to understand the data, systems, and analytical processes in a healthcare context
- Own and lead the development and implementation of data science models, to solve business problems
- Research and application of new data science techniques/ framework fit for purpose to solve real world problems
- Rapidly test and iterate different data science algorithms
- Own model monitoring statistics and trigger points to decide model retraining parameters.
- Work with the ML Engineers to deploy ML models successfully and c ontribute to the MLOps process and pipeline development
- Usage of data science to find new insights to inform healthcare strategies and develop product - there will be a broad range of products to understand from clinical, operations, financial, fraud, digital, sales and marketing, wellness, etc.
- Present data and model findings to larger team in a way that provides actionable insights
- Improve processes and data outcomes where opportunities arise
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists in the team
- Ability to lead projects which involve a wide range of stakeholders
- Communication skills across a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment with key focus on the data
- High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Positive, can-do attitude focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to take and provide feedback to drive improved delivery
- Rigorous ability to problem-solve and optimise environment
- A working understanding of the data used in healthcare is optimal as data forms the basis of products, as such the following core understandings are required:
- Proficient in SQL, python, and advanced excel
- Proficient in developing ML algorithms and models at a very large scale in an industry environment
- Proficient in a range of data science algorithms (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, etc.). Specialisation in one field is also welcomed.
- Working experience in the MLOps process and AI governance with cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure preferred (Databricks, Synapse, Data Factory, etc.)
- Working experience of the model lifecycle in at least 2 out of the following areas of expertise from clinical, operations, financial, fraud, digital, sales and marketing, wellness, or any relevant dataset in healthcare
- Working experience in health outcome indices and metrics and measures
- Knowledge of patient health management, provider profiling, healthcare reporting, and other key healthcare technologies etc. is advantageous
- Knowledge of clinical tools including coders, groupers, and classifications is advantageous
- Knowledge of data science in the healthcare space is advantageous
- Knowledge of healthcare benefit pricing, product pricing and other actuarial calculations (reserving, risk rating, etc.) is advantageous
- Degree in either Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- Master's degree plus > 6 years of relevant data science experience required or bachelors plus > 8 years of relevant experience
- > 1 years of mentoring and guiding data scientist experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare data science is preferred
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.