Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Vice President, Financial Institutions Group - Global Banking & Markets. Principal Responsibilities
- Develop and grow profitable long term relationships with key allocated clients within an assigned portfolio, focused on Banks and Securities
- Coverage of the Singapore, regional and international Banks & Securities Portfolio across all HSBC product areas with a focus on growing revenues across allocated portfolio, successfully defending and growing existing business
- Formulate and execute business strategies to capture new business opportunities in Singapore and across the region through strategic account planning and effective pipeline management
- Establish a holistic understanding of client needs and deliver innovative high value solutions across all product lines, gaining significant business and sustainable returns for the Group
- Where leadership responsibility is assigned, lead and manage client management team to optimise results in executing Global Banking strategy
- Manage the use of credit to maximize risk adjusted relationship returns and ensure appropriate risk control is placed around the Insurance Portfolio
- Keep abreast of the developments in the client organizations and changes in the environment including regulatory that the clients operate in to ensure appropriate proactive actions are taken when necessary
- Work closely with other departments to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- University degree in finance, accounting or another relevant discipline
- Strong experience in Global Banking with proven ability to gain substantial business for the Group across a full range of products
- Leadership and management skills with the ability to formulate and articulate client engagement and business development strategies
- Highly motivated and achievement driven with an established track record in new business generation and revenue growth
- Ability to communicate and build strong working relationships at all levels of senior and executive management both within HSBC and at senior levels in customer organisations
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Advanced understanding of risk management and risk mitigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other language skills will be a plus
- Knowledgeable about HSBC Group and products with a strong network of contacts
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role, please contact the recruiter for this role.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.