Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to develop and implement the products and services of the NatWest Cloud platform
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you'll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- This role will work across the wider cloud team and specialise in individual areas such as Infrastructure, Platform and Containers as a Service
- Throughout the course of your work, you'll maintain a strong product focus, engineering products using a DevOps ways of working and mindset
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure the required work in the platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria, which ensures that operations support or warranty period is clear and accountable once a system migration is complete
- Contributing to a high number of complex and risk exposed technical infrastructures
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the organisation
To succeed in this role, you'll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you'll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmap and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you'll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies paired with working knowledge of the Agile toolsets and experience of working in an Agile team
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
- A background of working in a complex, multi disciplined matrix team
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.