Decisioning Scientist in Bristol | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Decisioning Scientist
What you'll do
- You'll oversee the design, development and delivery of a highly effective multi-channel customer contact communication strategy, through the intelligent and safe use of data
- Your work will make sure that we proactively meet our customer needs and provide a seamless, personalised engagement across all journeys
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure as you build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders and work in a collaborative and supportive environment
As a Decisioning Scientist, you'll be leading a team responsible for the design and build of effective market leading journeys that deliver value to the bank and to customers within our decisioning capability. You'll be developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders to agree strategic priorities and align resources with effective resource management, planning and prioritisation of work to meet the vision and goals.
In addition, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Developing a decisioning strategy and plan, aligned to stakeholder objectives, to drive business performance and make improvements to the overall customer experience
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to understand strategies and deliver an overall decisioning capability that supports this, while continuously improving and optimising their effectiveness utilising an Agile methodology
- Advocating our decisioning capability, for the development and delivery of great customer experiences, and supporting future use cases for capabilities
- Understanding and using complex data sources, turning these into meaningful and actionable information, enabling next best action proposition development and quantifying the business impact
- Coaching and developing less experienced colleagues and delivering through others as necessary with a range of analytical tools
You'll need to be educated to degree level in a numerate discipline or have equivalent, practical experience in an analysis related field. You'll also need hands on experience with Next Best Actions in Pega Marketing, or an equivalent decisioning capability, and you'll have an understanding of how AI is used to optimise customer interactions.
Additionally, we'll expect you to have knowledge of key analytical tools, such as SAS or SQL, and the ability to deploy high end analytics and insights, ideally with an understanding of R or Python.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Good understanding of analytical or database querying software, data visualisation software, big data environments and cloud environments
- A track record of influencing change through the use of innovative ideas and effective stakeholder management across a business
- Experience of managing projects and delivering change
- The ability to package and present ideas with clarity, and to convey complex, technical information in an appropriate way
- Experience of coaching and developing less experienced colleagues and of delivering through others
- Experience of managing risks
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.