About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Corporate & Institutional Services (C&IS) IT division of Northern Trust is looking to engage an Application Consultant, to join the Investment Operations Outsourcing (IOO) Technology Support team in London, United Kingdom.
The IOO Technology Support team is responsible for providing technical Single Point of Contact for both Northern Trust Clients and Business Partners, and to give technical advice, Service Request and Incident resolution in a professional and timely manner.
The team oversees adherence to the ITIL process between various application support teams within the organization, and serves a pivotal role in Critical Incident Management, and long-term Problem resolution. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as a first point of escalation for day-to-day client and business queries
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Convey confident communication with client-facing interactions.
- Provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team members and partners.
- Develop a broad and in-depth knowledge of the IOO Technology Platform and associated operational flows.
- Provide training to partners around technical functionality and capabilities.
- When time permits, invest time on value-add initiatives outside of BAU to help improve current processes and keep informed of emerging technology trends.
Working with Us:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate via a wide range of channels both verbally and non-verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge around process escalation, ownership and resolution
- Prior exposure to a range of technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a development or technical support role within the financial services industry
- Familiarity with database concepts and a working knowledge of networks and technology infrastructure.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Certification
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.