We are working on a new search for an Asset Allocation Analyst with on behalf of a top tier global investment manager, headquartered in London.
We have worked with this client for nearly 10 years so have hands-on experience of their excellent collaborative culture and commitment to career progression.
With approaching $800bn in AUM, the firm manages a wide range of equity, fixed income, multi-asset, alternative and passive strategies and have a presence across all major global finance hubs. They are passionate long-term investors, managing money for institutional, intermediary and retail clients. The business has a high trust, high autonomy culture that gives the right people the room to run, there is a huge amount of space provided to pursue your own learning and curiosity. There is a path to Portfolio Manager for a suitably talented individual.
In this role, the successful applicant will join a global team managing portfolios using equities, fixed income, alternatives and more, delivering a range of outcomes that include Income, Absolute Return, Systematic, and Dynamic Growth.
You will be responsible for providing top-down tactical asset allocation analysis to the team, supporting Portfolio Managers on a global basis. Duties will include:
- Providing idea generation across all major asset classes with a focus on equities, which can include long/short relative value strategies and benchmark relative trades
- Interacting with Portfolio Managers on a daily basis
- Working closely with the rest of the investment team to provide research across asset classes and then communicate these ideas to the immediate team and wider group
- Contributing to building out ESG research capabilities and integrating sustainability into the investment process
- Engaging with fundamental research analysts in Fixed Income and Equity when relevant, to gain a deeper understanding of market developments
- Keeping in constant touch with macro themes and developments on a global basis
We are looking for someone who has:
- Around 3-5 years of experience in tactical asset allocation research across asset classes (ideally with an equities focus) and in particular, idea generation - ideally from buy-side but we are also interested in hearing from candidates working in investment consulting
- A collaborative approach to work
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- A real passion for ESG
- The ability to engage confidently with Portfolio Managers, and the communication skills to clearly articulate their ideas
Please get in touch for further details.