Associate, Systems Software Engineering
Description About this role
About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world's most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and we will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
The Desktop Experience team, part of the Platform Engineering, is responsible for evolving the strategic runtime environment for Aladdin web apps using Electron, building a k8s-like orchestration on a user's desktop, and creating the core elements for the Aladdin Vision - the persona-based workflows that will reshape how financial professionals are using our platform.
To achieve our goal, we work closely with other teams, including UX, Enterprise Architecture, SRE, InfoSec, application development teams or even external vendors, to name a few.
* Independent thinker capable of owning and leading a project from concept to delivery
* Passionate about constant learning
* Interpersonal skill to work across teams to understand platform, users and developers needs
* Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users
* Develop and maintain the persona-based workflows that will reshape how financial professionals are using our platform
* Help design and build the next generation of the world best investment platform
* Contribute to an agile development team working with designers, analysts, users and leads
* Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
* Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment
* Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support
* 2+ years of experience in software development using Java and Typescript
* Experience working with an agile/scrum team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner to a diverse audience
* An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
* A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
This may come useful
* Experience with building Electron applications
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience building CI/CD pipelines in Microsoft Azure DevOps
* Experience in building secure software Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.