Big Data Developer for a leading Quantitative Hedge Fund
- Total Compensation £100,000-200,000 depending on experience
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Jove International
- 13 nov. 17 2017-11-13
Looking for a Big Data Developer for or a prestigious tech driven hedge fund within the systematic trading space
My client is a global algorithmic trading company and is experiencing significant organic growth and is looking to hire a number of smart Data Technologists for a brand new team that has just been set up. The firm trades in hundreds of markets and has offices in 4 continents but still has ambitious plans to grow.
For this company, technology plays a fundamental role in their success and therefore developers are truly valued.
The company culture is very different from most of its direct competitors and other financial firms as it is a very innovative, open-source environment – friendly, academic, no suits. The culture is fun and inclusive with 3D printers, music rooms and various social away days.
As a Data Technologist, you will work closely with the Data Engineers and Quantitative Researchers in on-boarding, exploratory research, and production processing of new sets of data and potential alpha sources. There is a lot of development to be done to build software that is able to process huge amounts of financial and economic data which is crucial to the future success of the business. The candidate will have to be comfortable working with big, messy data sets and be able to write sophisticated algorithms to ensure the delivery of accurate data.
Desired skills and experience:
- Exceptional academics from a leading university in a technical discipline, computer science is preferred;
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming languages: Python, Java , C#, C/C++;
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages.
- Working knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, MongoDB.
- Prior experience working with financial market data is preferred but not required.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered