Our client, a progressive green and sustainable Asset Manager is looking to hire an experienced Credit Analyst to support the investment activity across their Credit team. Working closely with the portfolio management team you will evaluate and assess abroad range of new issues as well as monitoring existing credits under coverage.
Role & Responsibilities
- Evaluating and assessing a broad range of new issues for inclusion in the investment universe.
- Continuous monitoring of credits under coverage including analysis of quarterly/interim results, press releases or any relevant news flow.
- Timely communication of any material changes in issuer credit profile to the investment team
- Researching sectors and countries to identify key risks from a financial perspective.
- Meeting with issuers, ratings agencies, brokers or sector specialists to discuss industry trends and updating the team on conclusions.
- Assessing rating agency reports and industry trends, and the implications for portfolio structure.
- Monitoring political and economic events for their relevance to holdings and strategy
- Identification of key risks in existing positions for discussions in weekly meetings
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in credit analysis with a buy-side, sell-side or ratings agency firm.
- Experience in analysing financial institutions and an interest in covering non-financial issuers.
- The ability to analyse a wide range of issuers across different regions and identify the key factors in both corporates and local government institutions.
- An understanding of the factors underpinning cashflows in different sectors, and how these change in different economic environments and across the cycle.
- Relative value experience would be an advantage.
- An understanding and interest of how ESG factors impact upon credit analysis and the ability to integrate emerging trends into our credit process
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.