Top tier Investment Manager looking for a Credit Analyst to join its highly regarded Fixed Income Research team.
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative research and analysis of industry and company-specific information as it relates to both new and existing securities in the UK and European investment grade markets. Evaluate risk/return opportunities consistent with portfolio guidelines and objectives.
- Specialise in 3-5 non-financial sectors in European markets with responsibility for all relevant bond issuers in those sectors (preferred sector coverage Building Materials, Paper & Packaging, Business Services, Healthcare).
- Provide purchase and sale recommendations to portfolio managers based upon thorough credit analysis and assessment of relative value and working closely with the PM team.
- Prepare and present accurate, detailed, concise and well-written research on issuers and sectors under coverage. This should include analysis of financial metrics and operating statistics, utilizing quantitative and qualitative information obtained to determine comparative financial performance, management, industry and business evaluation.
- Understand global and European economic trends and develop a perspective on interest rate movements, credit spreads, yield curve/duration risks and currency risks.
- Keep abreast of new developments in fixed income markets to determine their potential value to portfolio performance.
- Build relationships with analysts at investment banks, ratings agencies and other research houses and leverage those relationships to maximize the flow of timely information and to assist in monitoring and analysing credits under coverage.
- Track relevant economic, market and industry data.
- Proactively monitor industry developments and recommend changes to exposures when warranted.
- Meet with, or contact, members of a company's senior management, customers, suppliers, auditors, banks, institutional lenders, trade organizations, investment bankers, research sources, rating agencies, and/or others to assist in making a proper investment decision regarding that company.
- At least three years fundamental credit research experience with an investment management firm.
- Hold a university degree and be studying for CFA, MBA, legal, accounting or other relevant professional qualification.
- Understand and assess corporate and financial structures, covenants, bond documentation, equity market conventions, antitrust regulation, ratings agency methodology, interest rates and other relevant matters.
- Show strong skills in fundamental credit analysis and knowledge of the European investment grade corporate credit market.
- Demonstrate understanding of relative value and trading relationships for individual issuers.
- Communicate independent assessment of issuers, sectors and markets in a coherent, concise and convincing manner.
- Exhibit an unwavering attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Display strong critical thinking and logic skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills on all levels and in all business settings.
- Embrace and encourage change and development.
- Understand the principles of ESG investing and analysis.
- Possess background knowledge of European capital markets and/or Insurance industry (preferred).
- Be proficient in a second European language (preferred).
- Enjoys being a part of a team but can work independently
- Highly numerate
- Is a strong team player who is inquisitive, self-motivated and industrious;
- Able to set priorities and complete simultaneous projects;
- Has strong analytical skills and enjoys thinking about and solving complex issues.
Highly sought-after position within a collegiate and close-knit team. For full profile or to discuss further please contact Philip Edwards at JohnsonMagill Search & Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7879 651770