Financial Crime & Investigations Team Manager
Financial Crime Manager. To work as part of the FIS team, effectively providing a hands on advisory service that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the Partner/Manager team. To take on responsibility for Executives, undertake complex assignments and manage discrete areas of work. To assume a significant degree of input into the planning of work and the reporting of findings. To plan effectively, deliver projects on time and develop report writing skills.
• Is aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spots opportunities to sell those services to clients whilst articulating and promoting FIS services to other departments.
• Is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm.
• Utilises and builds up a network of contacts and attends external networking events.
• Seeks to participate in business development opportunities.
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Drafts report sections, including the Executive Summary, with minimal or no input from Managers and ensures they need little amendment from review.
• Is aware that FIS reports and the opinions given are dependent on the accurate and efficient analysis work being carried out by junior team members.
• Keeps organised records of work done and conclusions reached.
• Maintains assignment files and identifies key issues early to discuss with a Manager; keeps them informed of progress.
• Carries out analysis work effectively and neatly without error, so that it can be included in any report provided to the client.
• Builds a trusted relationship with client employees.
• Displays good commercial awareness.
• Begins to develop judgment and an understanding around legal (e.g. employment law) and technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when necessary.
• Engenders trust and respect from the client by managing assignments accurately, responding quickly to demands and delivering to deadlines.
• Supports peers in client meetings.
• Attends presentations and can address more complex issues confidently.
• Ensures Executives follow agreed methodology for a particular type of case.
• Manages client expectations, undertaking an assignment manager role for smaller assignments; manage the day-to day aspects of these under Senior Manager/Director supervision.
• Prepares job performance reviews and agrees objectives with Manager.
• Brings to the attention of senior colleagues all matters requiring their attention and decision.
• Sets deadlines for self and junior team members and achieves them.
• Allocates tasks as workstream leader and reviews output, or executes task/workstreams allocated by workstream leader.
• Contributes to the group e.g. presentations at team meetings, 'lunch and learn' meetings.
• Works effectively with all members of the team, building respect of peers and junior team members.
• Mentors and coaches Executives; appraises them giving regular feedback, completes timely performance reviews and provides development opportunities.
• Actively seeks and manages opportunities to attend workshops, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities and keeps records for CPD purposes.
Operations and results
• Takes responsibility for assigned areas, including having own work reviewed and works to time and budget.
• Has a good knowledge of technical matters relevant to FIS, including the CPR and accounting standards.
• Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on, conflict checking and setting up charge codes.
• Proactively understands the firm's potential liability on assignments.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the firm's approach to risk management.