Are you a technical person with a passion for Rates Strategy ? We are working together with a Global Investment Bank, in search of a Rates Strategist to join their Rates Strategy team and assist them in providing regular market commentary and views at internal meetings. This will also include developing and maintaining a process for delivering views and insights for the GBP rates markets.
Job Description: Rates Strategist.
We are working with a Global Investment Bank seeking a Rates Strategist to join their strategy team.. Reporting to the Head of Market Insights and collaborating with the FX Strategist, you will play a crucial role in driving quantitative analytics and providing insights into GBP rates markets. This position involves complementing their existing macro capabilities and offering coverage and insight into technical areas of analysis.
- Serve as a member of the Market Insights team, providing regular market commentary and views at internal meetings.
- Develop and maintain a process for delivering views and insights on the GBP rates markets, including gilts, swaps, inflation, derivatives (such as futures and options), and repos/money markets.
- Focus on developing quantitative models and techniques to expand the range of support offered to Sales and Trading colleagues and enhance client service.
- Generate a range of trade ideas, including macro-driven strategies and micro relative value strategies, using your analytical process.
- Collaborate closely with the Market Insights team to contribute to written publications and content for internal and external presentations.
- Work closely with Flow Sales & Trading colleagues to ensure that Market Insights content remains commercially relevant.
- Strong fundamental understanding of interest rate markets and the policy developments that drive them.
- Validated professional experience in rates markets, preferably in the UK, either on the buy-side or sell-side. Experience in EUR and USD markets is a plus.
- Sophisticated quantitative skills to develop models and analyze market data effectively.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, comfortable finding new ways to coordinate information and present analysis clearly.
- Relevant professional qualification such as CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) is preferred.
- Degree in a relevant subject such as economics, finance, or mathematics.
- Strong team player with commercial acumen and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team with real growth potential, this role at is ideal for you.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an updated CV (word format) to email@example.com.
Eton Clarke provides recruitment solutions across corporate finance, sales and trading, globally. With consultants specialising in different sectors and an array of institutional clients, we are confident we can add value to your job search. Keep updated on our current and active mandates at www.etonclarke.com/category/vacancies