Microsoft Dynamics Developer
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
Front End / Full-Stack Developer to support business as usual requests and deliver small change projects for a wealth management client platform based on MS Dynamics CRM. The role will involve transitioning knowledge of key functionality and configuration processes from the platform provider, then working with an international user group to implement ongoing change. This role reports directly to the Capability Lead for Client Management.
• Participation in task estimation and change planning
• Brainstorming, analysis and evaluation of potential solutions with IT analyst and business users
• Customisation, configuration and maintenance of the CRM user interface, integration points and workflow (full training to be provided)
• Collaboration with release team to schedule releases
• Ownership and execution of automated testing
• Participation in performance tuning of the platform in conjunction with the platform provider
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
General and Technical skills
• Integration with enterprise platforms and technology
• Technical exposure to Microsoft Dynamics CRM or equivalent Client-management platform
• Familiarity with continuous integration and automated testing
• Understanding of the Wealth Management industry
• Experience of the full software development lifecycle
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Positive, solution oriented outlook
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organization
• Experience with global projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Excellent team player - must be collaborative
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment