Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international copper mining company looking to hire a principal analyst to join their London team.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Advising the commercial team to accurately anticipate and execute high impact actions to gain an understanding of future trends and major players of mining products such as copper, molybdenum, precious metals, and rhenium
- Analyse ESG activity as to determine the potential effects on the copper mining industry and develop this into a global reputation as an expert
- Create reports and presentations as to identify commercially viable opportunities to grow revenue and profit
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team
- Role reports to the Strategy and Business Intelligence Manager and CEO
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in commodities research or commercial business
- Understanding of analytical tools, mathematical concepts, and processes, with experience handling large data sets
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and analysis of supply, demand, cost structure and pricing of mining products such as copper, molybdenum, precious metals, and rhenium
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Located in London / happy to relocate