Principal Research Analyst - Information Security. The Location:
Remote/Virtual Worker (UK) Grade:
12 (for internal purposes) The Team:
There has rarely been a time when an understanding of cybersecurity markets has been more significant - or more needed. As part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, our Information Security industry analyst team has a uniquely influential role in articulating a clear perspective on the trends driving innovation and disruption in the field. We cover the technologies, services and practices enterprises are adopting to improve cyber resilience, drive competitive advantage and generate new opportunities. Our team's work in this field has been embraced and promoted by leading providers of products and services worldwide. In this role, the successful candidate will lead research in market segments shaping the nature and adoption of cybersecurity technologies, services and practices. The Impact:
The Information Security channel serves IT and cybersecurity technology vendors and service providers, their customers, the investment community, senior corporate leaders, security and IT practitioners and others. We provide insights on multiple topics from securing emerging technology to products and services for cyber defense, security operations and security risk management, identity and access management, data security and more. Analysts help define and shape the markets they cover, as well as their clients' strategies. Clients use our research when making investment and other key decisions.
This is a senior role supporting the S&P Global Market Intelligence Technology, Media and Telecom Research industry analyst team covering technologies and services in the Information Security / Cybersecurity market. Ability to write and speak credibly on cybersecurity technologies and services sought. Management experience in covering the field is a plus. Examples of the candidate's writing appropriate to the role must be submitted to be considered. What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to make your own unique contribution to established and competitive research, with the potential to become a recognized voice in the industry.
- Exposure to a wide variety of people, from industry C-level executives to practitioners and engineers, investment professionals, government officials and fellow analysts.
- Development and production of research while managing your tasks, time and priorities independently in cooperation with your manager and teammates.
- Domestic and international travel, as conditions permit and opportunities allow.
- This role will conduct industry analyst research on market participants and trends in cybersecurity products and services, working independently within a geographically dispersed, global team.
- The focus of coverage will center on products and services in cybersecurity management and/or operations technology products and services.
- The preferred candidate will have sufficient experience to be familiar with a range of technologies in cybersecurity management or security operations. Covered technologies may include, but may not be limited to:
- Perimeter defenses such as email gateways, network security, etc.
- Security operations (SIEM), security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR), threat detection and response (EDR, NDR, XDR) threat intelligence
- Vulnerability management and related fields such as attack surface management, risk-based vulnerability management, security controls testing and validation, etc., and/or:
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in:
- Covering cybersecurity technologies and/or services as an industry analyst or journalist covering the cybersecurity market.
- Management of a team of analysts or writers/researchers covering cybersecurity technology
- Familiarity with venture funding, mergers and acquisitions among cybersecurity technology companies
- Writing and presentation development is essential to this role and will include research and publication of both short (2-page) and long (10-15 page) reports on data security vendors, products and services, as well as on broader industry topics as relevant. Short reports will publish regularly and more frequently (approximately weekly); longer reports would be less frequent and may be more on-demand.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the successful candidate will:
What we're looking for: Basic qualifications:
- Assist with the management of the Information Security channel. While coverage for this role will be global, emphasis on companies with significant presence in Europe or the Middle East is advantageous in this role.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of end-user surveys. Analyze and deliver research reports based on the results.
- Engage in briefings with key vendors and attend events (virtual, or other events contingent on travel conditions) focused on covered segments of the cybersecurity market.
- Develop presentations, webinars and strategy sessions to present research and explain industry trends.
- Respond to inquiry requests from security market vendors and enterprise users.
- Contribute to custom advisory research projects.
- Collaborate with fellow analysts to shape the overall Information Security research agenda.
- 5 or more years' experience in the above-described areas of information security / cybersecurity technologies or services, with sufficient knowledge to communicate credibly to practitioners, vendors and investors in these markets.
- The ideal candidate will also have prior experience in management of a team of industry analysts or other writers/researchers covering cybersecurity.
- To be considered for interview, applicants will be required to provide examples of their writing appropriate to our audience. It is strongly recommended that applicants familiarize themselves with 451 Research and its output, beginning with our site at https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/solutions/451-research .
- Experience in any of the following may be considered:
- Practitioner experience with any of the above-described technologies, provided the candidate can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill a role as a senior industry analyst.
- Product management, product marketing, or practitioner experience in implementation.
- Vertical market or associated technology area research role with an industry analyst firm.
- Market intelligence, competitive intelligence, strategy or business development role with a cybersecurity technology or services vendor.
- Journalism or technical writing covering these fields.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), with superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, either a technical degree (math, science, engineering, IT fields) or a business, writing/communications or liberal arts degree with appropriate experience.
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally as conditions permit.
- The key to being a successful analyst is having an inquisitive nature; always looking to learn and explore.
- In addition to the experience above, exposure to or experience in broader or other markets of information technology.
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Enthusiastic public speaker
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
283593 Posted On:
Virtual, United Kingdom