S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Upstream Company Strategies Research Analyst The Team:
The Upstream Company Strategies team conducts research pertaining to oil and gas company strategies, production outlooks, and competitive positions in their core upstream business, as well as their expansion into the low-carbon space. We deliver our insights through written reports, webinars and presentations, and direct client engagements. The Impact:
Our research and related insights enable clients to understand the drivers of upstream strategy, financial & operational performance and, the government drivers of the world's leading oil & gas companies. The low carbon analysis provides critical perspectives on the direction and strategy of leading companies in their energy transition pursuits, including spending estimates and related M&A transactions. What's in it for you:
The role will build the skills around the conceptualization of upstream and low-carbon strategies and understanding of both macro and company-level themes.
In the medium term, the candidate will acquire subject matter expertise and deliver insights via meetings and presentations to clients. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Researching, modeling, and forecasting upstream production portfolios for both International Oil Companies and National Oil Companies as part of assigned company coverage;
- Analyzing the portfolio and competitive position of upstream and corporate (including low carbon) strategies of energy companies via deadline-driven and high-quality research reports;
- Help maintain databases that contribute to research reports and presentations;
- Contribute to team workflows by compiling data; creating spreadsheets, graphics, and presentations;
- Expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines including, but not restricted to, corporate finance, capital markets, international affairs, low-carbon businesses, and geology.
- An in economics, finance, geology and/or international relations; strong quantitative and analytical capabilities;
- 2-5 years of prior research experience and an understanding of the oil and gas sector preferred;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (additional foreign languages would be beneficial);
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office tools, (Power BI is a plus)
Additional desired qualifications include:
Flexible Working (optional)
- Exceptional presentation skills, with the ability to actively participate in one-on-one and small-group discussions; ability to present to larger audiences is a plus;
- A self-motivated, deadline-driven mentality, with the ability to multitask and prioritize among an array of required tasks, all with limited supervision;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a larger, global team; role centered in an S&P Global office location;
- Ability and willingness to learn a range of topics and seek ways to expand knowledge
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative , we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
United Kingdom About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
285410 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom