Senior Solution Architect - Broadcast
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a technical Solution Architect responsible for thought leadership in the M&E industry with our customers in Broadcast and Video Distribution. The AWS Solutions Architect Broadcast Specialist is responsible for educating customers, systems integrators, and strategic consultancies on emerging technologies and solutions that are transforming the Media & Entertainment industry. The Solutions Architect provides architecture guidance on Broadcast and Supply Chain workflows and also builds and publishes content and collateral, and presents to customers in 1:1 and 1:many settings. Must be open to travel at least 30% including international post COVID-19 social distancing measures.
What is AWS looking for?
A successful Solutions Architect specialist has deep subject matter expertise in both industry and computing technologies. They can see around corners and identify applications of emerging technologies to reduce friction, eliminate waste, and re-invent the content production, media and content supply chains as well as content distribution video pipelines.
The Solutions Architect has exceptional written and spoken communications and has published a portfolio of peer-reviewed journal publications, blog posts, and technical whitepapers on complex video technology subjects. They speak with a credible voice that establishes AWS as the public cloud of choice for broadcasters and media organizations looking to accelerate revenue growth and improve return on assets.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 7+ years of experience in technology leadership roles within large enterprise media organisations with a focus on video technologies, direct-to-consumer OTT, cable and satellite distribution, playout, live production, analytics, MAM, content lakes, content metadata, and
• 7+ years of experience designing complex video solutions using IT technology
• 7+ years of experience engaging with, and presenting to, video industry standards bodies, associations, working groups, and forums.
• Experience in architecting complex video use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies
• Experience participating in the development of new standards and practices in the video industry that are flexible, extensible, performant, and reliable.
• Breadth of experience across the IT in multiple of the following areas: Software design or development; Infrastructure architecture; Content distribution; IP Networking; Content Security; Data Center Operations; Machine Learning
Hands-on experience with:
• Networking for Media & Entertainment including SDI, SMPTE ST 2110, NDI, AWS CDI
• Cable and Satellite broadcast technologies including DVB and ATSC standards and modulation schemes such as QAM, QPSK, APSK
• Camera systems including CCD and CMOS image sensors and lens systems as well as color spaces and descriptive systems
• Storage systems for media and entertainment such as Content Lakes and Content Archives, and Media Asset Management and Production Asset Management systems
• Video compression technologies such as H.264, HEVC, JPEG-2000, JPEG-XS, AV1, VVC, and reliable video transports such as Zixi, RIST, SRT.
• Emerging consumer video technologies such as HDR, UHD, HFR
• Modern Direct-To-Consumer delivery platforms and associated technologies such as HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI, ultra-low latency streaming,
• Compute microprocessor architectures for video including ASIC, FPGA, GPU and CPU
• Machine Learning, Neural Networks and applications of Artificial Intelligence (such as Computer Vision) relevant to Media & Entertainment organizations
• Audience analytics, player analytics, QOE systems, and design patterns for interactive OTT applications
• Serverless compute platforms and architecture patterns
• Storage and architectural patterns around distributed system
Industry and domain expertise including:
• Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS services in conjunction with business requirements.
• Expert level ability to understand the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems.
• Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organisation.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.