The successful candidate will join the highly dynamic and rapidly growing Private Markets Group (PMG), currently managing ~£28bn of assets across Private Credit, Private Equity, Infrastructure and Real Estate. The Strategy Analyst will sit within the Strategy team, focused on providing top-down solutions to assist the Head of Private Markets and individual mandate leaders with investment strategy, portfolio management and capital allocation/deployment decisions. The role is suitable for a person who take keen interest into the current macro developments and secular trends/themes and can translate these into investment and portfolio opportunities.
- Play a key role in supporting the analysis and materials for the Private Market Allocation Committee, focused on the formulation of the long-term investment deployment plan and re-allocation decisions across private asset classes.
- Develop comprehensive portfolio management tools and analytics to understand key investment exposures, biases and portfolio forward planning.
- Actively take part in the research and development of investment themes (e.g. Net Zero, Deglobalisation, Demographics, Digitalisation), understanding key thematic drivers and implications of those on the portfolio as well as work with the investment teams to identify new origination channels.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for internal and external private market strategy communication and regular investment reporting to the USSIM Board, Investment Committee and Annual PMG Strategy Offsite.
- Remain abreast with wider market and macro developments in public and private markets.
- Update, maintain and constantly evolve the strategy infrastructure.
- Executes additional tasks in order to meet department related projects
Managing Resources and Relationships
- Maintains a constant dialogue with Head of PMG and Mandate Heads
- Close collaboration with ISA and PAIR
- Act as an internal and external ambassador for PMG, including exhibiting and promoting the PMG Terms of Trade and USSIM cultural values
- Help to create a positive culture of open dialogue and a collegiate approach with all teams
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level (BSc or MSc), in economics/statistics or finance related degree
- Experience in consulting, private or public markets research or pension fund/insurance advisory
- CFA or other qualification is a plus
Skills and Technical Competencies
- Strong excel skills and understanding of platforms like Bloomberg/ Thompson Reuters
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be both self-starting and work in a small collegial team
- Strong verbal and written communication