My client is a leading systematic hedge fund with a primary focus in the equity, futures and FX space. They are actively building out their European business and expanding their London office. The firm's founders have extensive industry experience at globally renowned proprietary trading firms and hedge funds within systematic research strategies.
My client are looking to onboard junior to mid-level Quantitative Researchers to work on all levels of the firm's research and development projects.
- Research: working alongside senior researchers on end-to-end research, including data analysis, alpha generation, backtesting and trade implementation
- Development: building and enhancing tools for trading, statistical models, data processing and portfolio management
- Trading: daily monitoring of trading, liaising with brokers, identifying anomalies and working on infrastructure enhancement
- Technical Master/PhD degree, including but not limited to, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering or Physics
- 2-5 years of experience in a buy-side research position, preferably within the systematic equities space (although open on asset experience)
- Standout entry level PhD graduates will be considered. Strong GPAs required from top institutions
- Experience in applying modern ML techniques and applications in quant modelling would be a strong plus
- Candidates should have some experience in programming languages such as C++, Python and/or Java
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- UK/EU citizens preferred but work visa and sponsorship will be offered for exceptional candidates