Job Description The DevOps Engineer/ Asst Dir-Sr Software Engineer will be part of a project team that will participate in the design, development, testing, implementation, support and documentation related to automation, server/application configuration, build and deploy, and activities related to end to end solutions.
- Automation and processes required to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor internal, product, and cloud-based applications.
- Implementation and management of build and deploy workflow processes related to product development.
- Management and support of infrastructure and development applications including continuous integration, source code management, and hosted applications.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks.
- Coordinate with corporate IT organization to identify, refine, and validate technology requirements especially in regards to build and deploy activities and cloud activities.
- Assist in training less experienced staff members.
- Comprehensive knowledge (2-4 Years' experience) in a majority of the following areas:
- Build and release process
- Linux/Windows Platforms
- Scripting (Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Java application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Continuous Integration applications (Jenkins, Hudson or Cruise)
- Build and deployment automation tools (Ant, Maven, Ivy, Nexus, Sonar, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Source code management tools (Perforce, Subversion, Git, VSS, etc.)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google) including limited operational experience in regards to automation, security, and management of cloud-based deployments
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated team player.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Self-assured and confident with professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.