- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Director, Product Design and User Experience
Location: Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
This newly-created role is a key position in a growing team, responsible for the design and delivery of end user experiences across our full product suite. As a hands-on Design Lead, you will have the rare opportunity to design digital products that empower our worldwide customer base, as well as build and lead an in-house team.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• You will design and deliver exceptional end-user experiences for our full suite of web-based applications, employing user-centred design principles and methods
• You will transform vast amounts of structured and unstructured data into simple, intuitive interfaces that align with customer expectations and workflow
• You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure alignment with business goals, technical feasibility, and customer needs
• You will grow and manage a Product Design and Experience function within BvD, serving as ambassador for the team and as champion of user experience
• As part of a larger User Experience team, you will adopt and contribute to our design pattern library, maintaining design and interaction consistency across multiple products
• You will manage project timelines and deliverables to ensure on-time on-budget delivery of design artefacts
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Design, Fine Art, Architecture, or similar; Master's Degree in Design, Fine Art or Architecture preferred.
- You are a highly skilled practitioner, with strong expertise employing a user-centred design methodology within a multidisciplinary environment, often leading numerous design initiatives concurrently.
- You have an outstanding online portfolio demonstrating your hands-on ability to deliver exceptional user experiences
- You have extensive experience as a hands-on User Experience Designer for web and mobile products, several of which include leading and inspiring cross-disciplinary teams
- You have deep knowledge and skill in all phases of the user-centred design methodology, including User Research and Interaction Design
- You have strong communication skills and work well across roles and levels of seniority.
- You are comfortable presenting your work and defending your design decisions, as well as taking feedback
- You have a passion for solving complex design problems and don't stop at the obvious solution
- You have strong expertise with design tools including Axure and Sketch
- You love working with a global team and occasional international travel
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.