- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Rating Analyst, Structured Finance, S&P Global Ratings - Frankfurt / Milan / Dublin / Paris
S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Ratings Analyst to join its European Structured Finance (securitization) group in our Frankfurt, Milan, Dublin or Paris office. You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the ABS/RMBS team in EMEA.
The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping the undertaking of the analysis for the ABS/RMBS team. As a Rating Analyst you will be assisting senior analysts to conduct credit and financial analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data, running credit models, analysing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to attend committees and provide analytical reasoning, within areas of direct responsibilities. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues and, as new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving.
The Career Opportunity:
You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing post graduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitisation and financial markets and prior exposure to ABS/RMBS or credit analytics is helpful, but not required. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mind-set as well as good problem solving skills. Advanced skills in using cash-flow and credit models will be a distinctive advantage. Knowledge of an additional European language will be positive.
What's in it for you:
Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial and multi-culture environment, with great potential for professional development and career growth.
- You will act as a ratings analyst in the analysis of New Issue and Surveillance. You will be responsible for analysing all aspects of these transactions in line with S&P Global criteria, in particular credit and cashflow, structural, operational, legal and counterparty risks
- You will be expected to command an excellent knowledge of asset class ratings criteria and contribute towards the maintenance and development of new criteria, its publication and dissemination and in particular its implementation into the rating process
- Working closely with analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team
- Undertake research in support of S&P Global Ratings published commentaries
- Understand and implement S&P's Global Policies and Procedures
- Be able to adhere and actively promote the company's high quality and compliance standards culture in the context of a regulated environment
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject
- Relevant industry experience in ABS/RMBS, or credit analysis or related analytical fields, or at least 2 years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes
- Solid analytical capability, team player, proactive attitude and good time management skills
- Able to multi-task, problem solve, and meet project's and task's deadline
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of a second European language will be an advantage