An opportunity for an experienced Product Controller with capital markets product exposure to join an established but growing team. You will be joining an experienced and high performing Finance & Product Control team within the Bank that will allow the successful candidate to utilise and expand their skill set and grow their career.
Our client for this City of London based Product Controll position is an internationally renowned Banking and Asset Management Group.
The successful Candidate will be joining the Finance Control team which supports the business with the production of financial and management reporting, including specific teams such as Treasury, Trading, Investment and Lending desks within the bank.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily P&L production and analysis of movement in P&L for some Trading desks (including Equity Derivatives, Fixed income incl Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives and all FX products)
- Understanding the business of the desk in order to provide commentary on large P&L movements on a daily and monthly basis
- Perform some Independent Price Verification for above product types.
- Understand capital markets products and application of relevant IFRS, particularly IAS39 / IFRS9 for new products and structures
- Advising the front office on all financial and accounting matters relating to new business, products and structures
- Develop relationships with other support functions (e.g. Accounting Policy, IT, Market Risk, Financial Control, Business Enablement Team, Group Finance, Settlements and Operations, Regulatory Reporting)
- Ensure a strong, adequate control environment to ensure operational risk is minimised.
To stand out the successful candidate will have/ be:
- Product Control or Financial Control experience
- Qualified accountant
- Degree educated or equivalent in a numerical subject ideally
- Preferably, knowledge of Treasury, Equity, FICC, Banking products
- Systematic approach in analysing and solving problems
- Competitive salary
- Flexible / dynamic working
- Market leading benefits package
- Achievable career progression