Position description Business unit
Investment Management - Investment Management Job title
ESG Sector Analyst - Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Retail H/F Contract type
Candriam is one of leading European asset managers in sustainable and responsible investing with a growing footprint in North America and Asia. The company currently manages nearly $100 billion in ESG-related strategies (SFDR Art 9 and 8) offering one of the broadest ranges of ESG funds and services across all listed asset classes and geographic regions. In addition, all its traditional equity, fixed income and asset allocation investments integrate ESG in their strategy and investment decisions making.
Candriam is fully committed to further expand its ESG capabilities. Candriam's ESG team has a wide mandate and works together with fund management as regards the analysis of corporate and country-based environmental, social and governance (ESG) opportunities and risks and the integration into fund strategies.
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading and internationally recognized sustainable asset manager. The team looks for a young, bright and motivated ESG Analyst that will have dual responsibilities covering both Corporate Equity and Credit Issuers. Responsabilities
As ESG Analyst covering Equity and Corporate Credit, your role will include:
- Conducting research on corporate issuers as regards the environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities based on Candriam's unique and proprietary ESG analysis methodology.
- Contributing to the maintenance, development, and enhancement of Candriam's ESG Analysis and Rating framework, both on sector and issuer level, to effectively integrate ESG analysis into the investment process across equity and fixed income asset classes.
- Engagement with corporate issuers on relevant ESG topics and collaborate with Candriam's Stewardship Team on collaborative initiatives.
- Working collaboratively with your fellow analysts and financial analysts of fund management teams to assess the materiality or financial impact of ESG factors on corporate issuers' long-term value.
- Conducting research on ESG-related topics, identifying ESG trends and supporting ESG thought leadership research both internally and externally.
- Undertaking and publishing ESG articles, reports, and draft presentations (to service our international offices and clients) on Candriam's ESG process or bespoke thematic issues.
- Act as an active member of the fund management committee for Candriam's broad range of ESG Thematic funds.
Master's degree level.
Good understanding of finance is essential but can be acquired through experience.
A first experience in sustainable investing would be preferred: understanding of ESG topics and their relevance for financial market analysis, valuation and risk modelling in equity and fixed income.
Passionate about sustainability (ESG)-related topics.
Ability to convey ideas convincingly.
Excellent team player, happy to share knowledge and focus on collective success.
Strong writing and communication (preferred language English).
High Level of Energy.
Problem solver, organized, methodical and pragmatic in his/her work.
Strong analytical skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Aptitude for working with and manipulating data for analysis.
Native speaker English or Dutch (and highly proficient in English) or French (and highly proficient in English).
#LI-POST Position location Job location
Europe, Belgium City
Brussels Candidate criteria Education
3. Master's Degree I / Bac+4 Minimum level of experience required
2-5 years Languages
English (C1 - Fluent)