Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
Are you passionate about working for one of the world's largest insurers that offers excellent opportunities to grow your career and with offices in 27 countries?
Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks. Today, we employ more than 11,600 people around the world.
QBE Europe SA/NV is headquartered in Brussel and while we are European in our outlook, we are also proudly local in our operations.
If you are looking to progress your career within insurance and want to be part of aa successful organisation with strong growth ambitions, then read on. Senior Compliance Manager (f/m/x) The opportunity
At QBE Europe, we are currently looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to join our European Compliance team. This role will be to provide assurance in respect of compliance and regulatory requirements and support delivery of compliance projects across Europe as required. A good knowledge of Belgian insurance compliance obligations, next to a working knowledge of general European insurance compliance obligations, are essential for this position.
The position will be based in Brussels, and you will report into the Head of Compliance for Europe, based in Brussels. Remote work is possible to a certain extent. Some travel within Europe will be required as and when appropriate (travel frequency expected not to exceed two single day trips monthly).
You will be part of the European Compliance team and have frequent engagement with team members in some of our branch office locations (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands), next to local business stakeholders. Your new role Compliance
- Acquire and maintain detailed knowledge of relevant EU and Belgian compliance requirements for (re)insurance undertakings
- Act as Compliance Manager for Belgium, i.e., take charge of compliance advisory and review activities in relation to Belgian home state compliance obligations
- Coach and provide steer to local Compliance Officers in two of our branch member states, i.e., The Netherlands and Sweden. Whereas the respective local Compliance Officers are acting as local business partners and technical experts in their respective local compliance obligations, you are expected to take overall responsibility for The Netherlands and the Nordics from a compliance management perspective.
- Assist in the delivery of European compliance projects, with a particular focus on Belgium, The Netherlands and the Nordics
- Support the Head of Compliance for QBE Europe and deputise as needed.
- Provide advice to the business on interpretation of and adherence to EU and Belgian compliance requirements
- Review and monitor internal compliance controls for adequacy of design and operating effectiveness as and when appropriate in accordance with established compliance plans and priorities
- Assist in development and delivery of relevant compliance policies and training to the business as required
About you Experience
- Assist in identification, tracking, reporting and resolution of compliance risk issues and incidents
- Previous experience in compliance obligations and activities within an EU (re)insurance undertaking, bank or insurance intermediary or law office, with personal exposure to insurance or insurance distribution compliance activities (not confined to financial crime prevention obligations)
- Master's degree in law or equivalent by a combination of knowledge and experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of key compliance obligations for non-life insurers according to Belgian and EU law
- Fluent in English (verbal and in writing), next to a good working knowledge of Dutch.
- Able to analyse business cases, extract potential compliance issues and synthetise into concise memos with clear recommendations understandable by non-compliance colleagues.
- Affinity with Office365 key applications. Knowledge of or interest in data analysis is an asset.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Able to take ownership and responsibility in discrete compliance activities and projects
- Team player; able to engage with Compliance and business partners and stakeholders
- Able to balance business and risk perspectives.
- Agile mindset
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers."
We welcome applications from all; including individuals who identify as female, all ethnic backgrounds, and physical and mental abilities. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE Europe is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE Europe offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty, and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium, and large customer base.
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; British Claims Awards 2022
Winner - InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition team aware should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.